- +26 Casino Reviews
- 100% Verified
- +28 Games Reviews
Casinos in Indiana
If you’re planning a trip to Indiana, and you want to put your gambling skills to the test, you should know where to find the best land-based casinos. This state doesn’t have that many casinos like Vegas, but there are some exciting casino venues to explore.
More than ten casinos are scattered all over the state. Whether you’re visiting Michigan City, Indianapolis, or Evansville, you’ll be able to spin a few reels or play a game of poker. Currently, Indiana has three land-based casinos, nearly a dozen riverboat casinos, two racetrack casinos (or racinos), and one Native American casino.
This article will introduce you to the best casinos in Indiana.
Online Casinos for Indiana Players
While the state has legalized online sportsbooks, it has yet to legalize online casinos. That being said, players that wish to play in the comfort of their own homes can pick from many licensed offshore sites. Below we have listed 3 of our recommended casino sites:
Wild Casino100% up to $5,000
- Generous Welcome Bonus
- Over 150 Games by Betsoft and Nucleus
- Accepts a Variety of Cryptocurrencies
SuperSlots.ag300% up to $6,000
- Generous Welcome Bonus
- Excellent Casino Games Selection
- 13 Payment Methods to Use
Slots.lv Casino200% up to $5,000
- Large Welcome Bonus
- Impressive slots libary
- Tournaments available to enter
List of Best Casinos in Indiana
- 1 Online Casinos for Indiana Players
- 2 List of Best Casinos in Indiana
- 2.1 Blue Chip Casino & Hotel
- 2.2 Belterra Casino Indiana
- 2.3 French Lick Casino
- 2.4 Rising Star Casino (Rising Sun Casino)
- 2.5 Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Indiana
- 2.6 Harrah’s Hoosier Park Racing and Casino
- 2.7 Tropicana Evansville (Evansville Casino)
- 2.8 Four Winds Casino South Bend
- 2.9 Ameristar Casino Hotel — East Chicago
- 2.10 Caesars Southern Indiana (Anderson Casino)
- 2.11 Horseshoe Casino Hammond
- 3 Online Casino Sites for Indiana Players
- 4 Casinos in Indiana FAQ
Let’s have a look at brick-and-mortar casinos open for both Indiana residents and its visitors. Read on to find out what every casino has to offer.
- Blue Chip Casino
- Belterra Casino
- French Lick Casino
- Rising Star Casino
- Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg
- Harrah’s Hoosier Park Racing and Casino
- Tropicana Evansville
- Four Winds Casino South Bend
- Ameristar Casino Hotel — East Chicago
- Caesars Southern Indiana
- Horseshoe Casino Hammond
Blue Chip Casino & Hotel
- Location: 777 Blue Chip Dr, Michigan City, IN 46360, United States
- Website: www.bluechipcasino.com
- Rating: 4.1/5 Stars (7,631 Google Reviews)
Blue Chip is a riverboat casino located in Michigan City. Launched in 1997, Blue Chip casino is owned by Boyd Gaming.
The casino’s gaming space covers 65,000 square feet and features more than 1,900 slot machines and 42 table games (blackjack, roulette, craps, Mississippi Stud progressive, 3-card poker progressive, and Caribbean Stud, among others).
Moreover, after its renovation in 2009, where 309 rooms were added, the Blue Chip casino became the tallest building in Michigan City.
Belterra Casino Indiana
- Location: 777 Belterra Dr, Florence, IN 47020, United States
- Website: www.belterracasino.com
- Rating: 4.2/5 Star (5,023 Google Reviews)
Established in 2000, Belterra Casino Resort is situated on the Ohio River in Switzerland County, IN, near Florence. It is owned by Gaming and Leisure Properties and operated by Boyd Gaming. This riverboat casino is located on roughly 47,000 square feet and has over 600 rooms with free overnight parking. The resort features a spa and a health club.
This casino has over 1,200 slot machines, two poker tables, and 45 table games — craps, blackjack, roulette, Texas Hold’em, and many others.
French Lick Casino
- Location: 8670 West, IN-56, French Lick, IN 47432, United States
- Website: www.frenchlick.com
- Rating: 4/5 Stars (Tripadvisor)
French Lick Casino is a resort situated in the Midwest midway between French Lick and West Baden Springs in Indiana. The casino takes up 38,000 square feet. While it may not be the biggest casino in Indiana, it still has a rich selection of gambling opportunities. Namely, it has more than 1,300 slot machines and 37 live dealer table games, such as blackjack, mini-baccarat, craps, 3-card poker, etc.
Additionally, the casino features two golf courses designed by Donald Ross in 1917 and Peter Dye in 2009.
Rising Star Casino (Rising Sun Casino)
- Location: 777 Rising Star Dr, Rising Sun, IN 47040, United States
- Website: www.risingstarcasino.com
- Rating: 3.9/5 Stars (3,306 Google Reviews)
Rising Star Casino is a riverboat casino and hotel owned by Full House Resorts. Previously known as Grand Victoria Casino & Resort, the casino was founded in 1996. With a total gaming space of 40,000 square feet, Rising Star features roughly 1,000 slots and many table games. Additionally, Rising Star has a separate sportsbook, where all its visitors can relax, follow a game, and wager on the outcome.
Anyone who stays at the Rising Star casino and resort can indulge in delicious meals in one of the five excellent restaurants. Moreover, golf players can spend their free time on the 18-hole golf course.
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Indiana
- Location: 777 Hollywood Blvd, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025, United States
- Website: www.hollywoodindiana.com
- Rating: 4/5 Stars (4,808 Google Reviews)
Owned by Gaming and Leisure Properties and operated by Penn National Gaming, Hollywood Casino is located in Lawrenceburg, Indiana. Established in 1996, this land-based casino occupies around 150,000 square feet, making it one of Indiana’s biggest casinos.
The gaming space contains over 1,100 slot machines, 19 poker tables, and a wide range of table games. Moreover, the Hollywood Casino Indiana is famous for its Epic Buffet — an all-you-can-eat buffet with an assortment of traditional dishes that we’ve only seen the likes of Hollywood Casino Buffet deliver as promised.
Harrah’s Hoosier Park Racing and Casino
- Location: 4500 Dan Patch Cir, Anderson, IN 46013, United States
- Website: www.caesars.com/harrahs-hoosier-park
- Rating: 4/5 Stars (Tripadvisor)
Located in Anderson, IN, Harrah’s Hoosier Park Racing and Casino is a racetrack casino founded in 2008. Owned and operated by Caesars Entertainment. This racino takes up 92,000 square feet and offers over 2,000 newest slot games and more than 30 live dealer games.
Additionally, visitors can watch and bet on live standardbred and harness racing events during the season. Also, the racino live-streams horse racing events happening in other countries worldwide.
Tropicana Evansville (Evansville Casino)
- Location: 421 NW Riverside Dr, Evansville, IN 47708, United States
- Website: www.tropevansville.com
- Rating: 4/5 Stars (4,745 Google Review)
The only land-based casino located in Evansville, Tropicana, is an entertainment complex owned by Gaming and Leisure Properties and operated by Caesars Entertainment. The main gaming facility is situated on 45,000 square feet with one poker room, 30 live dealer table games, and hundreds of slot titles.
Even though it was initially a riverboat, in 2017, Tropicana Evansville became a land-based casino. Along with the casino, visitors can stay in a 250-room hotel with various restaurants, retail shops, and a lounge area.
Four Winds Casino South Bend
- Location: 3000 Prairie Ave, South Bend, IN 46614, United States
- Website: www.fourwindscasino.com/southbend
- Rating: 3.5/5 Stars (Tripadvisor)
Located in South Bend, Four Winds Casino is one of the newest casinos in Indiana, launched in 2018. This Native American casino has a gaming floor of 55,000 square feet that features over 1,400 exciting slot games and 12 poker tables that offer an enjoyable gambling experience.
Four Winds Casino South Bend launched mobile apps visitors can download and install on their mobile devices for updates on poker room promotions and table availability. Those who want to take a breather and relax can choose between five restaurants, a player’s lounge, and a couple of bars.
Ameristar Casino Hotel — East Chicago
- Location: 777 Aldis Ave, East Chicago, IN 46312, United States
- Website: www.ameristareastchicago.com
- Rating: 4/5 Stars (4,562 Google Reviews)
Ameristar Casino Hotel is a riverboat casino in East Chicago, situated on Lake Michigan. Gaming and Leisure Properties owns Ameristar, while Penn National Gaming operates it. Established in 1997, the property is 56,000 square feet large with a 288-room hotel.
As far as the gaming area is concerned, Ameristar has almost 2,000 slot machines that include video reels and video poker. Additionally, the casino has over 40 table games (blackjack, roulette, High Card Flush, EZ Pai Gow, etc.), and a baccarat room with 19 tables.
The entire casino is located on a Win Star vessel. Furthermore, visitors can also enjoy fine-dining at six restaurants that offer food from all over the world.
Caesars Southern Indiana (Anderson Casino)
- Location: 11999 Casino Center Dr SE, Elizabeth, IN 47117, United States
- Website: www.caesars.com/caesars-southern-indiana
- Rating: 4/5 Stars (Tripadvisor)
Formerly known as Caesars Indiana and Horseshoe Southern Indiana, this entertainment facility was initially a riverboat casino. In 2019, after an 18-month construction, it became a land-based casino. The casino is owned by Vici Properties and operated by Caesars Entertainment.
With approximately 110,000 square feet, Caesars Southern Indiana has around 1,200 slots along with Electronic Roulette and Blackjack. Moreover, the casino floor features numerous high-limit tables for more experienced casino players.
Horseshoe Casino Hammond
- Location: 777 Casino Center Dr, Hammond, IN 46320, United States
- Website: www.caesars.com/horseshoe-hammond
- Rating: 4/5 Stars (7,095 Google Reviews)
Launched in 1996, Horseshoe Casino Hammond is the biggest casino in Indiana, with more than 350,000 square feet of gaming space. Just like Caesars Southern Indiana, this casino is owned by Vici Properties and operated by Caesars Entertainment.
This riverboat casino features over 3,000 slot games and video poker, around 150 gaming tables, and the largest poker room in Indiana with 34 tables. Aside from the rich gaming area, the vessel has bars, a VIP lounge, retail shops, restaurants, etc.
Online Casino Sites for Indiana Players
Even though Indiana has a long gambling tradition with more than ten brick-and-mortar casinos, the state still isn’t ready to move casinos into the online era. While the Hoosier State legalized online sportsbooks in October 2019, legalizing online casinos has been fruitless. Nevertheless, we are optimistic the Senate will change its stance towards online casinos and approve their legalization soon.
Until that happens, Indiana players can still conveniently play in online casinos, and here’s how. Some states, such as Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia, and Nevada legalized online casinos. Therefore, if you happen to visit these states, you can register an account on one of their online casino platforms. Remember, you have to be there physically, but you don’t have to be a resident of those states.
There is another way to go about this — offshore casinos. Essentially, we are talking about licensed international casino platforms that accept US players. These gambling sites offer exciting games to their players.
However, if you opt for an offshore casino, you need to do thorough research and pick a reliable and trustworthy platform. You should avoid all casinos that don’t have a valid license to operate. Moreover, offshore gambling comes with some risks. For instance, if you run into some problems regarding payouts, bonuses, or your account, you can’t rely on the local authorities to help you out. They don’t have jurisdiction over offshore casinos, so you’ll be on your own.