Unlike online roulette where an algorithm in the computer system is your partner, live dealer roulette offers players a real human dealer to chat. This means the dealer will spin a real roulette wheel and all the action will be streamed live in HD on your mobile device or desktop.
This type of gaming allows gamblers to get the authentic Las Vegas casino feel through immersive gameplay. Keep in mind, all roulette rules will apply but they’ll vary depending on the roulette variant you choose to play.
Now you know what live roulette is all about, but why should you even bother?
Best US Live Dealer Roulette Casino Sites in July 2020:
Wild CasinoBest All-Round Casino
- Generous Welcome Bonus
- Over 150 Games by Betsoft and Nucleus
- Accepts a Variety of Cryptocurrencies
- Great Selection of Bonuses
- Huge Selection of Casino Games
- Multi-lingual and 24/7 customer support
- Great Welcome Bonuses
- 300+ Casino Games
- Modern Design
- Large Welcome Bonus
- Impressive slots libary
- Tournaments available to enter
- Plenty of Bonuses and Promotions
- Mobile Friendly Design
- Live Casino Available
- Up to $5,555 in Welcome bonuses
- Over 300+ Games
- Popular Payment Options
- Large Variety of Casino Games
- 24/7 Customer Services
- Long-Standing Reputation
- 1 Best US Live Dealer Roulette Casino Sites in July 2020:
- 2 Wild Casino
- 3 BetOnline Casino
- 4 Cafe Casino
- 5 Slots.Lv
- 6 MYB Casino
- 7 Intertops Casino
- 8 Bovada Casino
- 9 Ignition Casino
- 10 Advantages of Playing Online Live Roulette
- 11 How to Find the Best Online Live Dealer Roulette Sites
- 12 How to Play Live Roulette – Getting Started
- 13 What Bonuses and Promotions can I Get?
- 14 Live Dealer Roulette Game Types – How many types are there?
- 15 Betting on Live Dealer Roulette
- 16 Playing Live Dealer Roulette on Mobile – Play at any time anywhere!
- 17 Live Dealer Roulette FAQ
Advantages of Playing Online Live Roulette
You have made your casino account, claimed your bonus and deposited. Why should you play live roulette?
Real gambling experience
The biggest advantage of playing with a live dealer is you’ll get authentic gambling experience. Forget about the 3D graphics offered on other online roulette games. This type of gaming allows you to see the real wheel, ball, and croupier from a real casino, with all the action streamed live and in glorious HD. The best part is you’ll be able to chat in real-time with the friendly croupiers and other online players.
With live cam roulette, players can interact with each other, see how they bet, and also congratulate the dealer on a great job. This is something you can’t do when playing on the typical online roulette game.
Just like in a brick and mortar casino, there are finite seats in a live roulette game. While this may seem like a disadvantage, the feeling of playing in a real casino is worth the wait.
Live HD streaming
Live HD streaming allows players to follow the game proceedings straight from their preferred device. One perk afforded to players is the ability to zoom into the wheel and track the ball as it rolls over different pockets.
A wide range of betting options
Live dealer roulette offers players from both extremes of the spectrum. For instance, you can find games with wagers starting from as low as $1 while others go as high as $500 for high rollers.
Players can access any roulette game 24/7 throughout the year. All you have to do is ensure you have the minimum wager required to sit at the table.
How to Find the Best Online Live Dealer Roulette Sites
Chances are you may have come across a predatory online casino that ripped you off of your hard-earned money. If you haven’t, then you’ve heard of such cases. The big question then is how do you identify an online casino that is fair, safe, and trustworthy?
Here’s a checklist you can use to sift through the real and fake:
- Safety and security: This should be at top of your list because you’ll share personal information with the online casino. Therefore, you must ensure the casino uses the latest security technology such as SSL for data encryption. You can also look out for other certifications from recognized bodies.
- Banking methods: To play live dealer roulette in the USA, you need to wager. To wager, you must have funds in your online casino account and for this to happen, you must have a reliable deposit method. You want to go for an online casino that accepts multiple currencies and multiple banking methods.
- Withdrawal times: Imagine winning at a live roulette game and then having to wait for days before you can cash out! To avoid such frustrations, consider playing at online casinos that offer fast cashouts. Often, this information is available in casino reviews (such as ours) where players list their experiences with various online casinos.
- Mobile compatibility: Gambling trends continue to evolve and today, many gamblers prefer to play on their mobile devices. Look for an online casino with mobile compatibility or one that has a native app for the best live roulette experience.
- Customer service: Once in a while, you may encounter difficulties while on your favorite online casino. When this happens, you want an online casino that tends to and resolves your queries within acceptable timeframes.
How to Play Live Roulette – Getting Started
First things first, you must find an online casino that supports live gaming – such as the brands listed above. Since online casinos use the software provided by game developers, this means you must find a software provider that offers live roulette gaming. One such provider is Evolution Gaming.
Afterward, register with the online casino and follow the steps below:
- Once you’ve set up your online casino account, head to the live dealer casino section. Find live roulette and click on it.
- You’ll see several variants of the game on the following page. Choose a preferred variant after which you’ll be asked to make a deposit.
- Enter a bonus code. Do this BEFORE you make any deposit because you won’t have any other chance to claim your bonus.
- Deposit funds. After entering your bonus code, proceed to make your deposit using your preferred payment method.
- Head to the live casino lobby, place your wager, and enjoy the game!
What Bonuses and Promotions can I Get?
- Welcome bonus: Online casinos offers such bonuses to new players. Often, you’ll get a 100% match of your initial deposit and sometimes, you’ll get a package with the 100% and bonus codes. Remember to always check the terms and conditions for your bonus.
- No deposit bonus: As the name suggests, this kind of bonus allows you to play live roulette for free. This means you can sign up and start playing without making a deposit. You’ll also get a chance to get a feel of the game before placing real money.
- Promo codes: Promo codes are often time-limited and they give players access to certain discounts.
- Limited-time offers: Similar to promo codes, limited-time offers are also on a countdown. Players who get these offers will get access to special prizes
- Loyalty bonus: If you are an ardent gambler and stick to one online casino, you’ll end up receiving a loyalty or VIP bonus for sticking to the casino.
Live Dealer Roulette Game Types – How many types are there?
Roulette is one of the table games with several variants. Nevertheless, three variations seem to be more popular than the rest. They are European, French, and American Roulette. Let’s take a deeper look at them;
1. European Roulette
This is, by far, the most popular type of roulette among gamblers across the world. The main reason is this variant offers a lower house edge than the other two. Furthermore, the game offers easily comprehensible rules compared to French Roulette.
The biggest difference between European and American Roulette is you’ll play the former on a wheel with 37 pockets. The pockets bear the numbers 1 through to 36. The last pocket bears a single 0. Lois Blanc and Francois take the credit for inventing this variant back in the 1840s.
Back to the house edge, the European variant offers 2.70% for using the “la partage” rules. Using the “en prison” rules lowers the house edge even further to 1.35%.
- Lower house edge
- All bets have similar odds
- Available in many online casinos across the world
- It offers the best odds
- American players may have a hard time finding an online casino that offers this variant
2. American Roulette
American Roulette comes close to the initial version. Its history goes back to the 19th century and was only available in North America. The only difference in terms of gameplay is it uses two zero pockets.
The wheel used to play American Roulette comes with 38 pockets bearing the numbers 1 to 36. The last two pockets host a double zero (00) and a single zero (0). For this extra pocket, the house edge goes up to 5.26%, which is huge compared to European Roulette.
However, thanks to the intervention of the New Jersey state that requires casinos to include the la partage rules, the house edge comes down to about 2.63%. Quite fair but it doesn’t come close to what European Roulette offers. It’s advisable to avoid this variant at all costs.
- Americans understand this variant more than others
- US online casinos feature this variant
- Significantly high house edge
3. French Roulette
French Roulette is similar to the European Roulette, only this time there are extra bets. For non-French players, understanding these new bets will be a challenge because the names of are in French. The concept behind the new bets is that players will be able to bet on a sequence of numbers as they appear on the wheel. This is different from both the American and European Roulette that bet on a sequence of numbers as they appear on the table.
The sequence of numbers can include as little as three numbers or as many as 17 numbers as is the case in the “Voisins du Zero” bets, also known as the neighbors of zero bets.
- New interesting bets
- High rollers can benefit from the high wagers
- The odds are similar to those offered in European Roulette
- Difficult to find in most online casinos
- It can get frustrating for those that don’t understand French
- The new bet options can get confusing
Betting on Live Dealer Roulette
You can have several bets in live dealer roulette. However, to know what you are in for, you must understand the various types of bets available. If you make a bet on special boxes and to the left of the board, you’ll have made an outside bet. If you bet on lines between the numbered slots or the numbered slots, you’ll have made an inside bet.
Take a look at this simple description of the various types of bets you can make:
- Straight: This is a bet made on a single digit for instance 14, 23, 7, and they offer 35:1 odd.
- Street: This is a wager on 3 consecutive numbers with 11:1 odd.
- Split: Place a bet on 2 adjacent numbers. To place this bet, you’ll place the chip on the line that separates them. The odds here are 17:1.
- Line: This is a bet placed on 2 rows with 6 different numbers. The odds stand at 5:1.
- Corner: This is a bet placed on 4 different numbers with 8:1 odd.
- Red/black: This is a bet placed on whether the ball will fall on a red or black pocket with odds at 1:1.
- Odd/even: The payout here stands at 1:1 if the ball falls on an even or odd pocket.
- High/low: Place a bet on whether the ball will fall on 19 to 36 or 1 to 18. The payout here is 1:1.
- Column: Place a bet on the inside of the columns for a 2:1 payout.
- Dozens: For 2:1 payout, select 12 numbers on the table where you think the ball will fall.
Playing Live Dealer Roulette on Mobile – Play at any time anywhere!
You can ditch your computer or laptop because it’s possible to play live dealer roulette from your mobile device. This means you can light up your boring journey or day with a single tap. You can either play using your mobile browser or a native app.
Don’t worry about compatibility because live dealer roulette is compatible with any browser from all platforms such as Blackberry, Android, Windows, and iOS. Thanks to the latest technology used by game providers, you can expect rich and deep graphics with multiple options such as zooming into the wheel and ball.
Live Dealer Roulette FAQ
Most of the online casinos prefer real cash for you to play live dealer roulette. Nevertheless, you can find some that allow you to play for free.
Yes, you can chat with the dealer in real-time for a more social, immersive, and interactive game.
Live roulette is a new form of gaming that allows players to interact with other players and a real human croupier. Unlike online roulette where a computer spins the wheel, a real human dealer spins the wheel in a real casino. Players will then view the action from their devices through live HD streaming.
You can use various tried and tested strategies to win at line roulette. However, the most common tips every gambler keeps in mind include knowing your odds and to play roulette with a lower house edge such as European roulette.
As earlier mentioned, live roulette comes in different variants – European, American and French are the most popular. One of the items to check off in your checklist when looking for an online casino to play live roulette is whether they offer multiple variants of the game.
Not necessarily, however since the game is in real-time, a faster internet connection can ensure a smoother experience when following the game’s proceedings. It’s also recommended to use fiber-optic broadband to get the best gaming experience as well as the best stream quality.
Yes, you’ll play live dealer roulette in real-time. Remember, the main aim of going live is to get the real and authentic feel of a land-based casino where you can interact with the croupier and other online players.
The odds remain the same as the regular roulette. Therefore, the payouts will be similar to regular roulette. Of course, the odds will be different for the different variants, so you’ll have to be careful about which table you choose.
Yes, you can. However, you may want to research which online casinos offer mobile live roulette (or check out the brands listed above). This shouldn’t be difficult because many online casinos’ websites are responsive and optimized to suit mobile and tablet devices.
No, the game is not rigged in anyone’s favor. The software providers that offer live dealer roulette are accredited by various governing bodies to ensure all games are random and fair. Furthermore, you’ll be in the hands of a professional croupier who’ll ensure all spins and bets are fair.
Latest Blog Post
What Is a High Roller at a Casino? And What it Means
The High roller is an important part of a casino’s customer base. In fact, by various estimates, they account for over 86% of the revenue a casino generates both commercially and online. High rollers are often called whales and they can be anyone who loves to gamble a lot of money regardless of their background. […]
How To Play Sic Bo | Rules, Bet Types & Tips
Sic Bo is a Chinese word for a pair of dice, previous dice, or jewel dice. This refers to a casino game where the players bet on the outcome the dice roll. The Sic Bo game is fairly simple and dates back to ancient China. Though over the centuries it slowly spread across the entire […]
Are Skill-Based Games the Future of Gambling?
Skill-based games have been somewhat timid in breaking into the highest echelons of gambling. They have faced their fair set of challenges with regulators not always viewing them fondly. After all, isn’t the definition of the skill-based game somewhat wrongfully inviting players to gamble more? As it turns out, though, consumers are rather happy to […]