Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker has announced that the casino industry in the state will restart as early as next Wednesday, July 1. The news comes after three months of closure for all 10 casinos to help stop the spread of the outbreak.
Today, in what is a nation-wide push to restart the industry, Gov. Pritzker has approved measures and the restart of the gambling industry in the state, as part of Phase 4 of reopening.
Multiple precautions and health measures have been enacted to guarantee that casinos in Illinois will remain safe after reopening. The properties will reopen at a 50% capacity. All guests will have to wear mandatory face masks, which will be provided by the casino.
In the meantime, the casinos will have to disinfect surfaces and high-traffic areas as well as provide signage reminding visitors and staff members to comply with health authorities rules.
Illinois is happy to restore operations, after shuttering them back in mid-March and 5,000 employees out of work, with additional $250 million suffered in estimated losses to the budget just in between March and June.
The restart of casinos will also come with the restart of thousands of venues across the state which offer video slot machines gaming.
Nevada Authorities Warn Casinos to Enforce Face Masks
The Nevada Gaming Control Board has reminded Las Vegas operators that they must seek to enforce all precautionary measures in their casinos. This is including but not limited to wearing face masks.
Control Board member Terry Johnson confirmed that the NGCB has sent agents to monitor activities at casinos. This is to make sure everyone is complying with the COVID-19 safety and health guidelines.
The main point is to ensure people always wear masks, the regulator cautioned. With the order coming into effect today, Friday, June 26, the Gaming Board will follow compliance strictly.
Disciplinary action may be against casinos or patrons that fail to enforce any measures necessary. Governor Steve Sisolak has already stepped up his efforts.
He issued an order on Wednesday that made it mandatory for all residents and visitors to cover their mouths and noses in all public spaces.
Gambling firms, including Wynn Resorts, MGM Resorts International, and Las Vegas Sands have all comply to the new measures and congratulated the authorities on acting so quickly.
Cashless Payment Solutions Are Coming to Nevada
After a report issued earlier this month by the AGA that casinos need to adopt a more modern approach towards settling payments. In the extraordinary circumstances of a global pandemic, the association has recommended to turn to cashless payment options.
However, the Nevada Gaming Control Board will still need to vet any pitched technology and assess it based on its own technical standards.
Acting Gaming Commission Chairman John Moran Jr. agreed that introducing the necessary changes in regulations to add cashless payment was the right move forward.
While AGA has urged the wider adoption of cashless gaming options, the NGCB reminded that it already allows the transfer of money from a debit card to a gaming machine.
The issue is that due to lack of popularity, very few establishments had the necessary technology to allow consumers to opt for this method of depositing into a game machine.
The introduction of cashless payments won’t just help stem the spread of COVID-19.
It would similarly allow players to monitor their gaming behaviors and address problem gambling issues, the Nevada Council on Problem Gambling said.
Gaming Commission Member Deborah Fuetsch said that approving cashless payment systems would allow new gaming technology to enter the market.
According to legal experts, enabling cashless payments would also enhance Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) measures.
Poker Is Back in Las Vegas, But the Rules of the Game Have Changed
One after another, card rooms in Las Vegas have begun to reopen with some exciting more interest than others.
As per new guidelines by the state regulator, the Nevada Gaming Control Board, all games are now limited to four people only. This is down from the previous up to ten players per table.
One of the first poker rooms to reopen was South Point which, when the casino reopened on June 4, introduced eight new poker tables as part of its expansion plans.
The card room hosts the most poker tables in Las Vegas by its own account. It has aslo added other amenities, such as 55-inch 4K televisions throughout the entire card room.
Meanwhile, Caesars Palace, Sahara and Golden Nugget have also restarted operations in the poker room department. However others, including Wynn, Cosmopolitan and the Venetian choosing not to.
Steve Wynn Selling His Megamansion for $25 Million
It has been a few years since Steve Wynn’s life turned upside down. After chargers of sexual misconduct were settled in court it has only gone down hill for the millionaire. Having to step down from his post as the CEO of the company he build, as well as his wife leaving him.
Now, after the storm has quieted down, more or less, the casino mogul is attempting to sell his $25 million Megamansion in Las Vegas.
Located at 1717 Enclave Court in Summerlin is a good buy, although the price tag may be a little too steep.
However, Mr Wynn has renovated the mansion for estimated $16 million just recently, hoping to boost its market value. The mansion was purchased back in March 2018, just a few months after Mr Wynn faced his first charges.
The HyperX Esports Arena Ready for a Return
In other news from Las Vegas, the HyperX Esports Arena has restarted operations on Thursday. This is in hopes to attract gamers back and possibly host some events.
The arena is subject to the same strict safety and health protocols. This will involve operating at a reduced capacity, social distancing, and frequent sanitation.